Our Invitation to You
We would like to invite you to come to one of our gatherings to find out more about what kind of people we are and what we stand for. If you like what you see, we would like you to become a member.
Membership Application (PDF format)
Why Should You Join?
The association promotes the home building industry through:
- Fostering business opportunities among members
- Advocating members’ interests in the legislative and regulatory process
- Providing member and consumer education
- Promoting ethical and quality business practices
When you join the HBA, you do so at a local level and automatically become a member of the WV ssociation and the National Association of Home Builders. This means that you are part of a 225,000 member association of industry professionals just like yourself.
The state and national arms of the association employs a highly competent staff of lobbyists to represent it in local, state & national legislative issues. They also work with HUD, FMHA, VA, Fannie Mae and other agencies on policies and programs affecting the housing industry. The association also has representation on the WV Contractors Licensing Board and the WV Housing Development Fund.
A number of seminars & are provided on the local, state & national levels.
Networking & Sales Opportunities
At every level, members have the opportunity to get us to know people in the industry, to build relationships that generate business and to have colleagues with whom they can talk about common problems and solutions. Life-long friendships can begin at your first meeting.
The national, state and local associations have Web sites to promote members and give members information on virtually any building-related topic as well as news bulletins on hot industry issues. The state also publishes a Buyer’s Guide, listing all members.
- 3 in 1 membership – Local, State & National
- Best in Tri-State & WV Builder Awards
- WV Builder Magazine & local newsletter
- Company link on local association Web site
- Access to state & national Web sites
- Legislative influence – Local advocacy, state lobbyist and national lobbyists.
- Access to national resources – NAHB
- Access to state Builder Library materials and WV Contractors Licensing Exam Preparation Materials
- Networking opportunities
- Sales opportunities
- HBA WV Membership Directory
- Education & professional development through the NAHB University of Housing Member Handbook
- For the most up-to-date details on the Homebuilders Association Members Advantage and all the participating companies.